If your business sells goods or provides services to other businesses (“B2B”) around the world, it is highly likely you will have multiple VAT compliance obligations.
Vatglobal offers a technology-enabled managed compliance solution to help businesses deal with the innumerable challenges that are created when navigating this complex international VAT landscape.
The service is built on three fundamental pillars:
- Proprietary software which serves as an online platform, workflow system and compliance engine that integrates with accounting systems to automate the VAT compliance process.
- A global legal network and infrastructure of technical/professional certification that gives us the ability to solve clients’ VAT problems in all countries.
- Comprehensive intellectual property and global VAT expertise.
An extension of your finance team
Vatglobal offers a centralised, outsourced solution for businesses who require assistance with their VAT compliance in multiple jurisdictions.
VAT Compliance comprises 3 core services:
- Registration and fiscal representation.
- Integration with our proprietary software to facilitate the submission of statutory VAT declarations.
- Compliance support and technical advisory.
Electronic VAT Return Submission
Wherever possible, we have developed API’s with the tax offices to facilitate electronic VAT return filing. This means the submissions can be made by the click of a button via our vsuite platform. Where this functionality is not yet available, vsuite sends the draft VAT return into a queue where a dedicated filing team logs into the relevant tax office portal to submit.
The Human Touch
A technically proficient Enterprise team of VAT consultants and account managers, based in our London HQ, offer dedicated support to our clients. Your account manager will make it their business to understand yours, and ensure you are 100% compliant in all countries.
Cloud-based VAT registration
We have developed a cloud-based portal where clients we represent for VAT services can log in to share information, documents, data and find a general status update for all work.
The portal facilitates the process of obtaining VAT registrations or transferring the representation of existing VAT numbers to Vatglobal.
Proprietary Technology – vsuite
Our global VAT experts collaborated with our team of talented engineers to develop vsuite – a cloud-based, fully integrated VAT ecosystem which tackles the three challenges posed by international VAT compliance:
- Workflow and deadline management;
- VAT calculation and return filing; and
- Technical IP and advisory.
This vsuite platform underpins everything that happens in the Vatglobal environment. Key features that provide an automated solution include:
- Secure, cloud-based system with file-sharing, communication and integration capabilities.
- Sophisticated rules-based engine to handle VAT determination in over 50 jurisdictions.
- Practical and simple client-interface and user experience.
- Accessible API endpoints to be able to integrate with most accounting systems.
Automated Compliance Process
Where data is not automatically extracted via an API, Vatglobal’s workflow system will send an automatic reminder to client to advise that a VAT filing is due, and client must log in to submit data.
Client logs into vsuite portal and uploads the relevant data required to prepare the VAT return. This data should contain the lists of all relevant transactions (purchases and sales). It can be provided from multiple data sources or simply a raw data output from your ERP system.
Vatglobal account manager is notified that data is available and processes it in vfile (using the compliance and filing engine for analytics and to prepare Draft VAT return).
The Draft VAT return is uploaded to the portal for review and approval by the client. Once approved, the draft is either filed automatically by API from vfile or sent to the Vatglobal filing team who will connect to the relevant tax office portal to submit the return. The system will automatically alert the client of the VAT return outcome (payment required, or refund claimed), including payment instructions if relevant.
The Vatglobal solution is secure, transparent and automated – but with a human touch. It is a true centralised VAT compliance solution for the digital economy.